"No man (or woman) can live this life and emerge unchanged. He will carry, however faint, the imprint of the desert, the bind which marks the nomad; and he will have within him the yearning to return, weak, or insistent according to his nature. For this cruel land can cast a spell which no temperate climate can match" T.E. Lawrence, Seven Pillars of Wisdom
Monday, June 30, 2008
Reflections on the Southern Desert
"No man (or woman) can live this life and emerge unchanged. He will carry, however faint, the imprint of the desert, the bind which marks the nomad; and he will have within him the yearning to return, weak, or insistent according to his nature. For this cruel land can cast a spell which no temperate climate can match" T.E. Lawrence, Seven Pillars of Wisdom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This comment will say "from Becky," but that's because I am using her gmail address, since I couldn't get my comments to go to you for the last couple of days, but this is from Grandma Marilyn. I just discovered all your blog messages last Friday and want to thank you for sharing both the messages and the great pictures! It helps to be able to "see" you in action. I was especially impressed with your reaction to the daily Arabic prayers, saying that they had a spiritual effect on you, even though you are not Muslim. We will continue to hold you in the Light and look forward to hearing more news of your experiences.
Much love, Grandma Marilyn
Hi Rachel: I left you a message last night and then told my Mom (Marilyn) how to leave one. It appears mine did not go through! So I'll write it again! Thanks so much for sharing all these great pictures and your blog is very interesting. I especially loved the Pepsi sign of someone eating with a Pepsi. This is the type of signage/advertising I am putting together for Coke right now until I retire on Sept 1st!! I also loved seeing what looks like a Coke Zero can in Arabic. What a wonderful opportunity for you to experience this at this stage in your life. I will continue viewing as you add more material! Looking forward to seeing you at Ocean Isle. Love, Becky
Post a Comment